Home to the world’s best restaurant three years in a row and the World’s Most Livable City in 2014. These are just some of the titles and awards that Copenhagen has received the last few years.
Copenhagen was in 2016 rated as the 10th most popular congress city in the world and more than 100,000 conference delegates visited the city. It is a vibrant metropolis, the gateway to Scandinavia and amongst the safest and cleanest cities in the world. Copenhagen is very easy to get to and is, with one of the most efficient transport systems in the world, also very easy to get around in.
Copenhagen Airport is Northern Europe’s main traffic hub with direct flights from approximately 160 destinations all over the world. In recent years Copenhagen Airport has won numerous prizes for quality, design, customer satisfaction and efficiency. The Airport is situated just eight kilometers from the city centre of Copenhagen and the Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center, which can be reached within 12 minutes by metro or train. This is the fastest transfer time from airport to city centre of any European capital city.
As the oldest monarchy in the world and one of the world’s greatest design capitals the city offers a wide variety of cultural experiences and stunning architecture within its compact city centre. Copenhagen is known as one of the most environmentally friendly cities in the world and pollution is very low. With the dates of SSAI 2019 being in the late summer month of August it is one of the most attractive and pleasantly warm times of year to be visiting Copenhagen.
Denmark fun facts
- Denmark has 406 islands and 7314 km of coastline, which is longer than the Chinese Wall.
- Denmark has more than twice the amount of bicycles (4.2 million) than cars (1.8 million).
- Healthcare is free when you live in Denmark.
- Denmark is the longest uninterrupted monarchy in Europe.
- The ocean is never more than an hour away (up to 52 km).
- The UN World Happiness Report has rated Danes as the happiest people on earth 2013-2015.
- Danes have a special word “hygge” for that cozy feeling of togetherness. It means relaxing in great company.