Guidelines for Abstract Submission
THE DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION WAS 17 MARCH.
Please read the guidelines below before submitting your abstracts. The guidelines can also be downloaded here.
1. Important dates & Deadlines
Submission deadline: 17 March 2019, midnight CET
Notifications to submitters: 15 April 2019
2. Technical Information
Abstracts can only be submitted online via the abstract submission form here on the official SSAI Congress 2019 website.
Online in Acta Anaesthesiologica Scandinavica.
5. Acta best abstract competition
The 5 best abstracts will be invited to participate in the Acta best abstract competition (first prize 25.000 DKK, the four others receive 15.000 DKK each). At this session, each speaker will be given 10 minutes to present the abstract and afterwards there will be questions.
Abstracts of 2.000 printable characters including title, mandatory abstract content and spaces should be submitted via the online submission form and should follow the instructions provided here, particularly for the appropriate content. Successfully submitted abstracts will be acknowledged with an electronic receipt. Note that the abstract evaluation will be blind: information about the author and affiliation will not be communicated to the reviewers.
- The abstract needs to be structured as follows:
- Background with aim
- No references, tables, or figures are allowed
- The creation of a user account is required for the submission of an abstract. The account only needs to be created once and can be re-used for future abstract submission and registration to the conference.
- Abstracts can be saved in “Draft status” to be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (17 March 2019, midnight CET). Abstracts cannot be edited after the submission deadline.
- Abstracts fulfilling all criteria can be saved in “Final submission” status. Only abstracts in “Final submission” status will be considered for the SSAI Congress 2019.
PRESENTATION OF ABSTRACTS
- The SSAI 2019 Scientific Committee will review all submitted abstracts and all accepted abstracts must be presented as posters. In addition, selected abstracts will also be presented orally at either 10 dedicated abstract sessions or the Acta abstract competition (see above).
- All accepted abstracts will be available for discussion during the lunch poster walks where the presenting author must attend..
- The instructions for poster format will be provided later.
- The Presenting Author of the abstract selected for presentation must be registered at the Congress
- Abbreviations should be defined
- Please ensure your abstract does not contain spelling, grammar, or scientific mistakes, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Linguistic accuracy is your responsibility. No proof reading will be done
- Submitting authors will be notified by 15 April 2019 whether her/his abstract has been accepted, and at the same time be informed about the date, time and form of the accepted presentation. All notifications will be sent out to the e-mail address given on the submission form.
- The abstract must not be based on studies that have been accepted for publication prior to 17 March 2019
- If you want to withdraw your abstract, a written statement reflecting the reasons for this decision must be sent to the SSAI Congress 2019 Secretary (SSAIfirstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 31 May.
SSAI Congress – Abstract Management
c/o MCI Amsterdam
Phone: + 31 20 575 4220